As a fourth generation Boulder native, Bruce is proud to have served the people all along the front range with quality legal representation. Bruce has over 20 years of trial experience with an emphasis in defending misdemeanor and felony criminal cases and, in particular, DUI offenses.
About The Sarbaugh Law Firm
Established in 1992, The Sarbaugh Law Firm opened as a criminal defense practice with an emphasis on cost-effectively representing clients facing criminal and traffic charges. Since its inception, our practice has successfully represented clients in all phases of criminal defense, from pre-filing of charges, to preliminary hearings and trials, as well as on appeal.
Bruce's philosophy in the practice of law is simple - the best outcomes for clients are obtained by combining a unique ability to communicate legal principles with a tireless pursuit of justice.
About Attorney Bruce W. Sarbaugh
I received my law degree from the University of Colorado in 1986. That same year I received the Legal Aid and Defender award. Currently, I am a member of the Colorado and Boulder County Bar Association, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Boulder County Apartment Association, CU/City Task Force, and I am the chairman of the CU Landlord/Tenant Advisory Board.
I am a devoted father and husband with strong family values. Currently, I am involved in martial arts training with my 8-year old daughter and I have recently received my black belt. I am also an avid mountain biker and I enjoy scuba diving, fly fishing, and traveling with my family. I continue to be involved in community activities such as the North Boulder Little League and I have had the privilege of being the master of ceremonies and announcer for Opening Day ceremonies for the past ten years.
- Criminal Defense People v. Batalion - DUI charges reduced to Careless Driving
- People v. Berg - Acquittal of DUI charges after jury trial People v. D’Ambrosio - Third Degree Assault and Violation of Restraining Order dismissed prior to trial
- People v. Houston - DUI charges reduced to Careless Driving
- People v. Najarian - Animal cruelty charges dismissed prior to trial
- People v. Nemmers - $54,000 restitution order vacated upon legal brief from Defendant
- People v. Pearce - DUI charges dismissed following suppression hearing People v. Savino - Felony criminal impersonation charge dismissed in plea agreement
- People v. Wellborn - 2 counts of Vehicular Homicide dismissed prior to trial
- People v. Wells - Sexual Assault charges dismissed prior to trial
- People v. Peterson - Colorado Court of Appeals - conviction vacated and remanded for new trial
- People v. Roberts - case remanded for consideration of insanity defense
- Raitz v. State Farm - favorable ruling in Colorado Supreme Court establishing new insurance case law
- Civil Litigation Boyat, et al v. Jefferson County School District - favorable settlement prior to trial for 4 Plaintiffs wrongfully terminated from employment
- Perez v. Cooper, et al - Unlawful Entry/Excessive Force - $180,000.00 verdict
- Welch v. State Farm - $198,100.00 jury verdict for bad faith insurance claim